Tax Advice

vendredi 28 janvier 2022

I hate bumming advice but I am hoping one of the boards many accountants will know this quite easily

For a variety of reasons last tax year I made quite a large payment into an occupational pension which was a defined benefits pension. It exceeded the annual allowance by a fair amount by the time the employers contributions were added in. I gave my accountant the details and they have brought forward an allowance from the previous year of £40K which then wipes out any extra tax payable. However I did not earn £40K the previous year as I only took a salary of £10,000 and the rest was dividends so I do not think that she can carry forward the full £40K annual allowance.

I think my accountant has made an error and raised it but she has said she wants extra money from me to look into it (I think because she knows I am ditching her after this year). Can anyone confirm the position?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire