Waitrose blow - the final nail in Brexit's coffin

vendredi 21 octobre 2016

As if the middle classes of our endangered isles could withstand any more hammer blows after the incredibly stupid and racist Brexit vote, Waitrose have come along and kicked the rotting corpse of our country.

No more free cappucinos or lattes or Assam tea for the good citizen 'My Waitrose' card-holders - not unless you spend £5 in store on goods - not, please note, an accompanying Danish rye on cinnamon pastry.

No more free newspapers, like The Times and The Guardian, if you spend £5.00 on your shopping basket. Now it's a whopping tenner to grab a copy of the Grauniad for nowt.

No more free parking in the underground car parks (where applicable) - now you must spend no less than a tenner to park your Audi QS or Porsche Cayenne for free.

What is the bloody world coming to, I ask myself. If I had known on 23rd June that my free Waitrose lattes were going to be Brexited, I'd have voted to leave, or stay, or whatever. It's so, so, so unfair.

Tristram, get me a triple machiatto and a line-caught, fairtrade, native-poled, fresh smoked eel ciabatta, will you please. I'll give you some Euros to pay for them.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire