Company loans to director question

jeudi 20 juillet 2017

This might be a really silly question but...

For reasons I'm not going to disclose I'm looking into an individual company that we have dealings with. Obviously I'm a complete amateur and don't really know what I'm doing as I don't know a lot about company law/tax law/any other associated issues.

Anyways it turns out that the director of the company is also a director for 5 other companies.

Judging by the abbreviated accounts for each of these companies it seems each financial year these 2 of these companies loan the director at 0% interest somewhere between £100,000 and £150,000 each year (and has been doing so since at least 2010) and the director seemingly repays all of these loans. Another linked company loans another family member circa £25,000 each year, which again is paid back.

It may not be relevant to what I'm doing but I'm just curious as to why this might be the case and what are the reasons why the director would take these loans each year and repay them. Is it legit and above board or does it sound a bit dodgy?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire