Traditional Family Recipes

dimanche 29 août 2021

Strange day the first family event since my Mum died earlier this year my sisters birthday. Son did a birthday tea and wanted to add a touch of tradition to the food. It could only be one thing. Known in our family as Fluffy Jelly its simple make a jelly but use half the water let it cool but not set add evaporated milk to make up jelly liquid to right amount. Then whisk with an electric hand wisk it increases in size by a fair bit.

It is a tradition in the family and follows my Dads recipe. Which I had to explain to son. For instance one ungnawed jelly...a knock at my Mums habit of always eating a square of the jelly before making up the rest. Add to a ten gallon bowl asked what one of those was. Had to confess brought a bit of dust to my eye.

Just got me wondering what other family recipes do others have.

Mine is cauliflower cheese might be because i use strong cheese dijon mustard salt pepper smother the top in cheese as well. However its the always requested Sunday Roast side dish.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire