Player Ratings And Reviews: Chelsea 3-0 Palace

samedi 14 août 2021

I've got to say, I'm a bit shellshocked after that and will eat a bit of humble pie and say I was completely wrong about how the game would go today.

I can handle a shit performance and I can handle if Chelsea were extremely good because those things can happen but I'm still absolutely mystified at setting up in a 4-4-2 playing Schlupp and Zaha in positions they hadn't played all pre-season.

We need every little percentage against a team like Chelsea and playing 2 players in completely different positions they've played all season is just so strange.

I can understand the rationale, but the first game of the season you actually get to have a practice match against decent opposition before the game, i.e. Watford last week. If we were going to play 4-4-2 why didn't we do it against Watford? I have no problem with tactical flexibility but why not just go with 4-3-3 and if it isn't working then switch it?

Perhaps a marginal improvement on last season's 4-0 drubbing and at least Vieira didn't hesitate to make changes but I still think even with the players we had on the pitch we could have done better.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire