Private Schools - Everyone’s Invited

vendredi 26 mars 2021

The claims of an endemic culture of sexual abuse at private schools is not losing any steam. I can’t quite work out why is is so directed at private schools (other than by dint of the claimants). The schools themselves are clambering over each other to speak out, internal reviews are being taken, Dulwich College has brought in the police etc. It is very “of its time” (but in saying that I am in no way condoning/doubting/denigrating etc).

My kids were at two of the schools named, both schools were at the forefront of pushing equality and were very vocal about that. At my boy’s school, any sign of the behaviour mentioned was stamped upon and hard, examples were made. The school simply could not afford to be seen to be doing anything other than enforcing a hard line. Clearly there have been failures but I am as stunned as regards the seriousness of the allegations as I am sure the schools will be.

I can’t quite work out all the strands and nuances.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire