Is football broken?

samedi 26 septembre 2020

Immediately after Kevin Friend gave the penalty against us today, I decided to switch off and not bother any further. As far as I am concerned, football is broken and Roy summed up my own feelings pretty accurately. The laws make no sense and there is no enjoyment in it anymore.

However, I am an old sod who remembers what football used to be like before the intervention of microscopic analysis and armchair critics.

So, is this a generational thing? Is it because I am old that I do not see the supposed improvements to the game? Is it because I don't sit glued to each and every game SKY broadcasts that I do not appreciate the new excitement that technology has brought to the game? Is it because of both these factors that I can no longer tolerate what football has become at the top level?

I could do with some feedback on this because the game I fell in love with, played, managed and have watched no longer exists and I will not be returning to it at this level until common sense returns. It may be that by making such a condition, I will never watch another top level game again.

Is it just me?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire