Help - Clutch problem advice

mercredi 6 janvier 2021

I currently have a problem with my clutch, where the clutch pedal sometimes goes to the floor and stays there, and I cannot change gear. This problem has suddenly appeared so had no prior build up or concerns re changing gear or engaging properly. Brake fluid level not at the top when I looked but sufficiently high, as I could tell, to provide the fluid for the clutch mechanism.

I had a garage come out and look and said there was a leak and that I needed to replace the clutch. They have quoted circa £850 to fit a new one. In talking to them they then said that it may simply be the clutch slave cylinder and therefore a far cheaper repair (circa £450). They have inspired me with no confidence in them whatsoever, but I am a total ignoramus re cars, so anyone able to diagnose what it sounds like and what needs to be done?

The car is drivable, though particularly an issue at junctions if the clutch pedal sticks to the floor.

The car is a Mercedes A150.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire