Parking ticket advice.

jeudi 18 avril 2019

Not sure if anyone can help but just looking for some advice.

I will firstly give some background.

For the past 6 years or so I have been collecting my daughter from her dance class and parking in an open car park in Langley, Slough that has a 30 min free allowance and there was no need to display a ticket.
Moving on I did the exact same thing on another typical Saturday and this time I get a ticket sent from Parking eye telling me that my vehicle reg number xxxx xxx had been captured leaving and entering the car park without displaying a valid paid parking ticket. The total time I was parked was 18 minutes. They still operate a free thirty minute slot but you must enter your reg at the machine and display a ticket. In my opinion the new signage made it in no way clear to a regular user that the changes had been made.
Having looked online I decided to ignore the ticket thinking that the evidence that they presented to me made it clear that despite my oversight in not entering my reg, I had not stayed over the free 30 minute period and that common sense would prevail.
I have since got a county court aplication and they want 175 quid.

Should I pay or defend my case?

Smart arse answers welcome as well as it wouldn't be the BBS without them.



I


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire