Has anyone tried water fasting?

mardi 30 avril 2019

First of all what is it? Water fasting is a period when a person eats no food and drinks only water.

I got chatting to someone a few months ago (very active 30 something) who adopted a water fasting plan into their lifestyle every 4-6 weeks 18 months ago, and it's had such a positive impact on their life in a whole host of ways. It is an area that really intrigues me, coupled with the self discipline it brings. It provides a self-healing capacity to an individual’s body. Several studies have also shown it lowers the risk of cancers, heart disease and diabetes amongst other things. I'm on my second week of a 48-60 hour water fast. I'm fortunate where I work from home, and can avoid certain temptations other jobs can bring.

When I finished my first one last Friday, I felt amazing and actively wanted to go longer but my schedule didn't allow this. Some would assume that when you stop, you would demolish the first meal, but it was quite the opposite. I actually broke the fast with a small bowl of soup.

Some do it for the weight loss, but as someone who has struggled with anxiety in the past I felt so much better in myself after the first fast. Some imply that eating harmful ingredients like gluten affects our bodies’ ability to produce tryptophan and serotonin. Instead of producing these “feel good” chemicals, they are replaced with “bad” chemicals that could increase levels of depression and anxiety and other mental health issues.

It clearly isn't for everyone, and last week I really struggled on the second day but it is something that fascinates me coupled with the benefits of losing a little bit of timber.

Has anyone had any experience of it?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire