Hobbies?

dimanche 22 octobre 2017

Another one that has been niggling me for a few good years. The Brits are a people famous for the shed and the man (generally) wittling away on some dedicated hobby,

Whether it is a plot for growing veggies, train sets, collecting Palace ciggie cards, fishing, gardening, trainspotting, stamp or coin collecting or constructing matchstick churches.

I guess I never stick to anything, but I have never had a hobby that I feel passionate about. Nothing that I can think about that gets me interested.

Yes, there is Palace, the BBS, funky music, reading, some TV, eating out and traveling. But for the most part we all like that.

I think I would quite like fly fishing, trekking, horse riding, studying, maybe model making, shooting of some kind, archery - but seemingly not enough to pursue it. I would like to look towards those final moments of life and say I have no regrets, I have tried everything, money permitting.

I know from BBS postings there are some fanaticals out there / collectors for sure like Dorking and Neil. Big Mick with his trains. Maidstoned with his singing,and Beatleboy with his karaoke.

What would you consider as a bona fide hobby, Something more than just something you like to do, a passion. And for this threads purpose, ignore Palace - although we all like collecting grounds visited.

Something that you partner would tut and raise their eyes over. LOL

I feel as an organised, listy, reasonably anally-retarded male of a certain vintage that I am missing out somewhere.

What is your hobby, your passion?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire