Semi Final thoughts facts and feelings

mercredi 20 avril 2016

So 5 days to go...

Thought we could do with a thread to discuss hopes, fears and nerdy observations in what is arguably one of our club's biggest games in its history.

This will be only our 4th FA Cup semi final appearance.

1976 0-2 Southampton
1990 4-3 Liverpool :lux:
1995 2-2 0-2 Man Utd

So every semi final, including Sunday's now, we have faced a club higher in the league than us.

We have failed to score in every league game prior to our semi final appearances:

76: Millwall 0-0
90: Norwich 0-2
95: A Villa 0-0
16: Man U 0-2

Personally, I'm finding it hard to shake off the feeling that our Play Off victory against Watford will by the hands of fate, be reversed. I know, crazy: different players, different managers but there it is. Just can't see myself leaving Wembley again with us celebrating and seeing Watford fans dejected. Mind you, I was at Villa Park in 1990, and I never in my heart of hearts for one minute believed we would do it.

I remember the build up to the Liverpool game, and the one hope (only hope) I heard muted was that some how Nige and the defence would keep out a barrage of Liverpool attacks for 90 mins. Then we get a free kick 30 yards out in the last minute and finally Andy Gray hits the target instead of row Z in the stand, and we steal it.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire