FA Cup Semi - 1976

vendredi 6 novembre 2015

Went to this as a 13 year old with my Dad. Big Mal, simply a great team and what a tremendous following.

The result broke my heart to be honest. I thought we could do it. Fedora, cigar. Great times. Thanks for all that to the team and, of course, Big Mal. The ultimate entertainer. Fantastic man.

As a young lad after the defeat, I for some time had a major dislike of Southampton. I so much wanted to beat them and my recollection was that it took 2-3 years to do so at Selhurst. Was it 3-2?

For certain, I remember forgetting the bus and "skipping" down the road to Penge where I got the 227 back to Bromley. Could not have been happier.

None of the rest of the family were into football but I nonetheless could not have been happier. They did not really understand.

Treasured memory - so many more of course from this club. But this was the one that made sure that I knew for certain that this was my club, and I could, from then, never understand someone moving on from one club to another,

1976 - bloody hell. Blink of an eye.:o


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire