Street Fighter II

vendredi 17 juillet 2015

I know there have been various games over the years, and SF V is due out this year, but none for me can beat Street Fighter II (and Championship / Turbo editions). All went a bit weird after that.

I was reading a piece last week which talked about defining games and how usually it is platformer / adventure type games, but SFII was one of THE biggest games ever, and it changed how people viewed beat-em-ups. The genre has kind of died off, but this is the onw game through most of my childhood that I grew up playing.

Even today despite the grainy graphics and elctro kind of music it still holds up pretty well and is very playable. A lot of games don't tend to age that well. I started really thinking about it when Ryu (my all time favourite SF character) was released for Super Smash Bros.

My early memories was playing SFII in the arcade on our camp site. The machine they put the cartridge in only had three buttons so we could only ever do punch moves and couldn't figure out how to do the kicks (we couldn't). :moo: A lot of people I knew completed the game with ease as Guile, Chun-Li and Blanka, but I as an 8 year old was the first to complete it as Ryu (with only punches remember!). :lux: So many good memories of this game, and wasting so many 20p's. Not to mention getting it as a package with my SNES and then getting Turbo too.

Must be some others of us on the BBS who are SFII veterans? It's a shame SFV is a PS4 exclusive, would have liked to give it a go. :p Sho-Ryu-Ken!


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire