Is Zaha down on pace?

jeudi 17 décembre 2020

Have to say that despite a terrific team performance last night I am very worried about Wilf. He doesn’t seem to be able to beat anyone in a 1-on-1 anymore. He rarely even tries unless he’s in the box. Sometimes when there’s space on the counter and in behind it would be nice to see him drive at the opposition but I wonder if it stems from lacking in confidence, and that is due to a loss of pace?

I appreciate the opening paragraph makes me sound like a Brighton troll, but I think enough people on here know how much I love Wilf, my favourite ever player, our greatest ever player and a Palace legend. It has been on my mind for a while this season, but the 50 yard sprint against the West Ham centre back where he tried to beat him for pace failed. Feeling particularly worried now, and I guess it had to happen eventually, but he’s just turned 28 and had no serious injuries so it feels a bit early. Obviously the touch, technique and decision making is still there, and the end product is much improved. He’s still a top Premier League player, and will continue to do well for another 7 years at the highest level due to quick feet and experience of the league. I just wonder if anyone else thinks the same? I know he surged past the Southampton centre backs on the opening day but they are particularly slow. That’s the only example I can think of where he’s shown any noticeable pace this season. The idea that he should go back to the wing is over as well, he’s too slow to play there now I reckon. Would appreciate other people’s thoughts.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire