Admin I Vs Admin II

samedi 21 mars 2020

Discuss the two on here. Which one was more fun, which was more perilous?

I was too young to really understand Admin I. I don't really remember us being in serious danger of relegation, but equally, it seemed a more worrying time than Admin II purely for how long it went on for. My main memory was going to a game and asking my dad who Danny Boxall was.

Admin II is pretty clear in my mind, and I still think the biggest what if in the club's history is 'What if we lost at Hillsborough that day?' Closely followed by 'What if Danny Higginbotham didn't score against us for Southampton in 2005?' :( We were actually a pretty decent team - good goalie, reliable defence underpinned by players like Clint Hill, a combative midfield, and a decent attack with the wonderful Darren Ambrose scoring for fun.

I reckon if what is happening today had happened 10 or 20 years ago, the team we support now wouldn't exist as we know it.

*This thread isn't welcome to anyone who happily looks past Stern John's goals at Watford and Derby away, but still drones on about his miss at Hillsborough.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire