Food hygiene ratings from the Food Standards Agency

dimanche 28 juillet 2019

Two reasons for starting this. Firstly, I heard a piece about this on the radio recently. Someone in the industry said she would only feel comfortable eating at a place with a minimum rating of 3. It goes from 0 (worst) to 5 (best).

Secondly, there's a great Asian place near me (not going to name it) where the food is excellent and they get consistently praised online. But I just found out they have a food hygiene rating of 2 ("some improvement is necessary"). I will probably still go there, but try and be careful and keep an eye out for anything that looks dodgy.

According to the FSA website, businesses in England don't have to display their ratings in the window, but all are recorded on the website, You can easily search for the business, get the headline rating, and request a copy of of the food safety officer's inspection report.

This is their website:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Searching food businesses in my area, most seem to have 4 or 5 which is more than OK ("good and very good"). I think I will certainly look for a 4 or 5 rating in the window when eating at new places now.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire