Crowdfunding

mercredi 18 avril 2018

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of using crowdfunding to raise funds for a commercial business as opposed to community or charity. Basically, I need to raise some funds to rebuild my smokery business.
I started up a smokery business in Stock, Essex ‘The Old Barn Smokery’ in November 16.

Its been a very up and down 18 months to be honest not least because September last year we had to close for a while whilst I had some major brain surgery so the momentum we had built up over the previous 9 months stalled a little. Its taken a lot longer than I expected to get back to full health and so only this year have I been back to normal and things were starting to pick up nicely. That is until last week on Friday 13th of all days!! we had a serious fire due to an electrical fault which totally destroyed the smokery building, equipment, stock etc.

On the plus side we have a very good reputation for the quality of our products and even won a 3-star Great Taste Award last year and were in the top 3 products for East Anglia with our Duckstrami. This opened a few doors and were just about to go into a project with one of the higher end supermarkets.
As we have invested a significant sum over the past 18 months starting up, supporting and expanding the business but unfortunately, I don’t have the £25k to £30k it will take to replace equipment. Turns out the contents insurance only covers the landlords’ contents and not mine. That will teach me to read the small print ☹

So any advice on crowdfunding would be very welcome ..I’m also exploring possible grant etc.



0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire