'Taking One For The Team. '

mardi 12 décembre 2017

I am beginning to hate this phrase.

It used to be called the'professional foul' and it didnt seem so insidious then . Why? Because it seems to me they were the exception then. Now,and I realise we may be guilty at times ourselves if we leave our club allegiances out of it a I am sure we are guilty at times that it has become a team tactic to be extolled by press and the ex players infesting commentary boxes

It now seems to me that if all players participate with a couple, ie rotate, in each game and especially if you keep targetting the oppos best ball players thus stay out of a referees notebook you can effectively neuter a teams attacking threat. What has changed is the level of sophistication involved. The types include blocking off third party runners, chops from behind like Cleverlys tonight and grabbing shirts from behind not to mention sly trips when you've been beaten especially when a break is threatened.


I now think that refs should get tougher just as they did for two footed challenges. Not just because he was ex manuscum and we benefitted,but I think Lee Mason showed true guts tonight. It was 87 minutes and deep in our half. Some people would have rationalised it as routine, and not in a dangerous area. Also some might argued and I dont know the stats that Cleverly had only committed his customary couple of fouls. Mason though cautioned him for the intent and deliberation behind the foul knowing Cleverley would have to walk and I applaud for football and as I say I like to think, for the good of the game and not just Palace.

Referencing us as I have to, Everton committed 26 files of which probably about 20 were of this type and a good proportion were on Wilf. Doing the maths I reckon more than the 3 players should have been cautioned on the totting up rules and some should have been walking on eggshells by halftime. MY view

If A PLAYER IS PREPARED TO TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM THE REF SHOULDNT DISAPPOINT if he knows it wasnt just an accident.

I like a move tthat Rugby refs take if they think fouling to stop th op has become a tactic. He tells the captain that the next offence of that nature will see that man sin-binned irrespective of how many fouls by THAT player. Now we don have sin bins in football , surely if you havwe a yellow lready or are on 4 for the season and big games coming up , would you do it. And if not would that no open up the game

I repeat

If A PLAYER IS PREPARED TO TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM THE REF SHOULDNT DISAPPOINT if he knows it wasnt just an accident.

Your thoughts


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire