Record Shops

lundi 5 juin 2017

Having read an article about Harum Records in Crouch End - my childhood and teenage years way of spending all my money, made me realise that I've not actually been into a record shop for the best part of fifteen or so years. I love music and have got a huge vinyl and CD collection - most of it under secure 'house arrest' in the loft with no date for release by gaoler wife, but most of it was either bought years ago or via the Net.

Just wondered what people's memories of buying their music in record shops are, or maybe you still do? For me, going into a record shop - particularly in the '70s - was always an exciting event. The smell of fresh vinyl, the old heads hanging around the counter asking to 'road test' albums they were never going to buy, the singles bargain bin on top of the counter, the Top 50 singles chart poster taped on the door, the artwork on the sleeves, coloured vinyl, picture discs..the list goes on. Do you have the same nostalgic feelings for record shops as I do?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire