What is the strangest injury you have suffered celebrating a Palace goal?

vendredi 17 juillet 2020

As the thread title says - hopefully a bit of light relief amongst the current doom and gloom.

My entry isn’t likely to be the winner by any stretch, but self-inflicted none the less.

Whilst celebrating a rare Joel Ward goal against QPR, I believe, back in the Championship days, I routinely spilled out into the aisle of Block B and C of the Holmesdale to give myself a bit of room to jump up and down and wave my arms about like a lunatic. The benefit of having an aisle seat, of course.

On this occasion my excitement teetered over my usual level, and after throwing my fist in the air from the hip to give a ‘Dowie Pump’ I managed to clump myself full force on the forehead. After a couple of seconds of embarrassment and pain, I realised nobody had seen it happen, so I did what anybody else what do in that situation and kept my shut and shuffled back to my seat whilst half heartily clapping to Glad All Over.

Half time arrives, and my mate hands me my pint and clocks the lump on my forehead the size of a £2 coin. I should have blamed it on someone else but I froze and sheepishly admitted it was my own doing.

So that’s my strangest (and lamest) injury, what’s yours?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire