Footballers and double-barrelled surnames

mercredi 16 janvier 2019

I was reading the report on the Bromley/Charlton Kent Cup game from last night and saw that Charlton had a least 3 players (mentioned in the report - there may have been more) with double-barrelled surnames.

No big deal, but it is something that seems much more prevalent these days than of yore. Sometimes it can get to be quite a mouthful. Historically the trait has been reserved for the upper classes to the point of being a parody. Apparently the aristocracy don't have a monopoly on this anymore.

I'm posting this in General Chit Chat as it transcends football, and I'm sure will be told it is sociological phenomenon brought about by living in the diverse cosmopolitan make-up of the UK/world today (or some such reasoning).

Also, I wonder if we could make up a complete team of double barrel named players that would give commentators nightmares!

And yes... I'm bored!


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire