An alternative view on last night's atmosphere

mardi 21 août 2018

I've been standing towards the back of Block B for a good few years, and whilst there have undoubtedly been worse atmospheres than last night's during that time, it has to be said that Selhurst really was very quiet yesterday evening.
I won't discuss the HF situation here as there's already a thread on that, but what I would like to highlight is one non-HF related reason why I thought the atmosphere was so muted last night: the people who've moved in to the front of Block B.
First and foremost, does anyone know whether the majority of them are season ticket holders or just day trippers? Either way, whilst at the back of the Block we really were trying our hardest to get the noise going, those at the front seemed, to me at least, to be more or less entirely silent all game.
Doubtless I'll be accused of telling other Palace fans how they should support their club here, but I really had hoped that those who took up the space left behind by the HF (as they have every right to do) would at least join in with the songs starting at the back, and provide that link in the corner between Blocks A/B and the Arthur.
But, as aforementioned, the first 10ish rows seemed more or less totally quiet all game. Did anyone else notice/have a view on this?
I'm not trying to be disrespectful to those who had tickets down at the front (some of whom, for all I know, might actually still be HF), but we really could've done with their help last night.
We don't know when the HF will be back, so we've got to try and make the best of the situation we're in, which at the very least means getting all of Block B rocking - hopefully things will improve in this regard over the coming games.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire