Buying a Boat

vendredi 24 août 2018

In a couple of years our mortgage will be paid and we're planning to move to the coast. Cliche.

The Mrs says it's a waste of money and a sure signifier of a mid life crisis but I want to buy a boat. She's suggested I just buy a Harley Davidson or go after young women. But no. I want a boat. But I've got no idea what this entails.

I'm not expecting a Sunseeker super yacht. I'll be happy to pay around the cost of a mid range car. Any idea what I could get for that? I don't want a boat to sleep in. Just to drive along the coast for an hour or so on a Sunday afternoon.

Are there any other costs I haven't thought of? If I leave it somewhere how much will a year's mooring fees be?

Is the wife right? Would this be a glorious waste of money?

Serious advice gratefully received but piss taking welcome too. It won't be any worse than what I get at home.

The trouble with you land clubbers is that you are not in thrall to the siren call of the oceans as I have been for the last three weeks...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire