Hello! My first ever post to the BBS, I wonder whether this is the start of a long and happy addiction.
Having enjoyed the Palace-Stoke game apart from the lack of any decent strikeforce, I was discussing with a friend my ideas over who we should sign and he suggested I post them up here.
Just to let you know, I've been coming to Palace for four years and am a season-ticket holder. But I have been a lifelong fan of Valencia CF and actually run the Valencia CF supporters club over here (300+ members). So I like to think that I know my Liga pretty well.
There's no point in suggesting someone we cannot afford, so keeping things realistic, I would very much like to suggest this Nigerian striker whom I have seen playing in various La Liga (and Liga Adelante) sides over the past seven years or so.
His name is Ikechukwu Uche. He's currently with Villarreal but his contract expires in the summer and while Uche is hoping to renew his contract (he says), nothing has happened yet. Furthermore, Villarreal loaned him out to Granada last season, and they have a glut of strikers (they have Giovani dos Santos, Luciano Vietto and Gerard Moreno, plus they can recall Jonathan Pereira from loan if they need to).
I would suggest that Villarreal would be happy to sell him and get something for him now rather than get nothing for him in the summer. I would say they would be tempted to sell him for £2m or something like that. - Transfermarkt value him at £3.52m but because he has just six months left on his contract, you could pick up a bargain. Bring a Super Eagle to the Eagles!
He's one of these players who might go a few weeks without scoring and then will suddenly score two in one match. In fact, when he scores one he generally scores another, and even scored a hattrick this year. He's one I believe could be good for Palace, if anybody is listening!
Oh, here's a short compilation of goals of his I found on YouTube:
(I;ve discovered I cannot post it because I haven't made 15 posts yet, so can someone reply by posting up the YouTube video called "Ikechukwu Uche - Nigerian Shooter - 2013/2014 Villareal | 720p" - Thanks
He's fourth in the all-time top Nigerian scorer for the Super Eagles (19 goals). Just behind him is the only other player in the top ten who is still playing, Obafemi Martins at 18 goals, but his first match was in 2004, whereas Uche's first game was 2007.
Any thoughts? Oh, I should add that I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the player, or with Villarreal, I just happen to be a Palace fan who knows La Liga very well and, like any good fan, fancies himself as a bit of an armchair tactician :D
Having enjoyed the Palace-Stoke game apart from the lack of any decent strikeforce, I was discussing with a friend my ideas over who we should sign and he suggested I post them up here.
Just to let you know, I've been coming to Palace for four years and am a season-ticket holder. But I have been a lifelong fan of Valencia CF and actually run the Valencia CF supporters club over here (300+ members). So I like to think that I know my Liga pretty well.
There's no point in suggesting someone we cannot afford, so keeping things realistic, I would very much like to suggest this Nigerian striker whom I have seen playing in various La Liga (and Liga Adelante) sides over the past seven years or so.
His name is Ikechukwu Uche. He's currently with Villarreal but his contract expires in the summer and while Uche is hoping to renew his contract (he says), nothing has happened yet. Furthermore, Villarreal loaned him out to Granada last season, and they have a glut of strikers (they have Giovani dos Santos, Luciano Vietto and Gerard Moreno, plus they can recall Jonathan Pereira from loan if they need to).
I would suggest that Villarreal would be happy to sell him and get something for him now rather than get nothing for him in the summer. I would say they would be tempted to sell him for £2m or something like that. - Transfermarkt value him at £3.52m but because he has just six months left on his contract, you could pick up a bargain. Bring a Super Eagle to the Eagles!
He's one of these players who might go a few weeks without scoring and then will suddenly score two in one match. In fact, when he scores one he generally scores another, and even scored a hattrick this year. He's one I believe could be good for Palace, if anybody is listening!
Oh, here's a short compilation of goals of his I found on YouTube:
(I;ve discovered I cannot post it because I haven't made 15 posts yet, so can someone reply by posting up the YouTube video called "Ikechukwu Uche - Nigerian Shooter - 2013/2014 Villareal | 720p" - Thanks
He's fourth in the all-time top Nigerian scorer for the Super Eagles (19 goals). Just behind him is the only other player in the top ten who is still playing, Obafemi Martins at 18 goals, but his first match was in 2004, whereas Uche's first game was 2007.
Any thoughts? Oh, I should add that I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the player, or with Villarreal, I just happen to be a Palace fan who knows La Liga very well and, like any good fan, fancies himself as a bit of an armchair tactician :D
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire