Game management and ‘head injuries’

mardi 7 février 2023

Reading the ‘nasty or nice’ thread in GPD, and I’m noticing some posters say that we need to get better at ‘game management’. Which is probably true, we don’t run down the clock which all the other clubs are doing right now.

Ultimately I don’t like it, I think something needs to be done about it, either a 60 minute stopwatch or a WC style injury time. At the moment, neutral games become far too tedious, and it was agonising to watch Man Utd run down a 7 minute injury time by constant time wasting.

Contrast that to the World Cup just gone where games were actually interesting and exciting to watch.

The leads me on to what I just believe is a plague on the Premier League right now, the feigning of the head injury to stop play. I think it’s actually worse than diving.

The example at the weekend being that Fernandes ran into the ref, pretended he hurt his head while Palace were on a very dangerous counter attack, and the ref stops it half way through! It was nothing sort of disgraceful in my opinion.

There needs to be a solution to this. One that I just thought of is that the player in question needs to go off for 5 minutes for a HIA (head injury assessment) every time play is stopped due to a head injury. Or could you allow 1 physio to run onto the pitch to treat a head injury, even when play is active, similar to rugby. Not sure, any suggestions?

Football is becoming tiresome now, due to ‘game management’. It’s always been there, but I do think it’s got worse over the last couple of years.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire