Help! Legal advice

vendredi 22 avril 2022

Need to pick a few brains for some advice.
In Nov last year I fell down a pothole in a car park managed by Croydon Council.
I was left with knee issues (ongoing physio needed), a damaged shoulder, several cuts and bruises, concussion (I head-butted my car!!!), and a damaged foot (potential surgery).
When I emailed the council to report the accident they immediately gave me the brush off. 6 monthly inspection reports have highlighted no issues, and the council have fulfilled their duty of care in completing the inspections. The pothole I reported will be filled by end of Dec. Case closed

However, since then I have revisited the car park and noted 30 potentially serious pot holes/areas in need of repair. I have photographed and mapped each issue. Also, to date, the pot hole I tripped in has not been repaired.
I have the inspection reports for Feb21, Aug21, Dec21(after my accident) and Feb22. None of the issues I have detailed have been recorded. From reading the reports I would doubt that anyone has actually visited the car park.

And so to my point. Would I be best contacting the council again, or should I take legal advice? Given the Council closed the matter as soon as I contacted them.

I’m the far from an ‘Ambulance Chaser’, but this has left me thousands out of pocket, what with missed work and medical assistance.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire