Discussion: Players from Teams in the Relegation mix

lundi 22 juin 2020

Even as an eternal pessimist, I now accept we are safe. :lux:
Once this is the case I always enjoy thinking about who we can nick off the teams that end up dropping.

Looking at the teams in the trenches still, I am wondering who we could/should cherry pick assuming they go down.

Norwich: As much as I like Pukki he is 30 and tailed off a fair bit so seems a gamble - another "old" player for our squad. Cantwell will attract interest from bigger clubs, but one player I would be interested in is Emiliano Buendia. Amazingly, he is something like 5th in the league for chances created and would provide a bit of creativity that we lack.

Villa: Not sure any realistic targets here. Grealish would go far higher then us, McGinn maybe? Tyrone Mings always looks full of mistakes even if he is a unit, but might benefit from playing with Cahill for a year?

Bournemouth: Interesting one as they have some quality players, yet they have looked awful lately. I would be very interested in Callum Wilson as a new CF. Maybe his dip in form might make him more attainable as his stock has dropped in recent months. Fraser on a free has been mentioned already and seems sensible if wages are not crazy. Brooks? King? Ake?

West Ham: The type of players they have seem to be big time charlies, injury prone and on big wages. Ngakia has been linked and again on a free that could make sense from what I've read of him. Nobody else I see as realistic/attractive, although I would've loved Bowen here. :frown:

Watford: I think Watford will stay up sadly, but have been impressed with Sarr when I've watched him. Raw but so, so quick. Suspect he would go higher. I have always thought Deulofeu looks a handful also.

Brighton: Think they will stay up now after meeting Arsenal at the best possible time and doubt they would sell to us anyway. Trossard and Gross look decent to me, aside from that nobody I would be hugely disappointed to miss out on. Maupay also decent but expensive and scored same amount as Prince Ayew.

Keen to hear others opinions...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire