R.I.P Pete King

lundi 27 avril 2020

It’s with a heavy heart that I’m sad to announce that former cpfc publications manager Pete King died yesterday. Pete worked at Palace for over 20 years working on the matchday programme, clubcall + playeinterviews etc.

Pete loved his most of his time at Palace until the last year or so when unfortunately due to bad running of the club 46 people were made redundant.

Pete often spoke fondly of his time at Palace and talked about the wonderful people that worked there behind the scenes as well as the management and players. Only this week Pete sent me a copy of Mark Brights autobiography which he told me he really enjoyed.

Pete told me he’s favourite memory was being right behind the goal with the photographers at Wembley when Hopkin curled it in. He said the noise behind him when the ball hit the back of the net was deafening.

Pete often told me about how mad things were when we got to the Fa Cup final in 1990, obviously back then there was no internet so Pete and the communications team were so so busy especially with clubcall as this was pretty much the fastest way of communicating to fans.

If you have any fond memories of Pete I would love to hear them.

Thanks


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire