Team Management v Brighton today

samedi 9 mars 2019

My biggest problem today was definitely team management and Roy. I’ve never really criticised Roy much but today I put him at fault for that abysmal performance. Starting off the match with Luka, mcarthur and schlupp in midfield, the defensive mindset you would expect when coming up against Man City or Liverpool, when you are playing an average side like Brighton is just so negative.

What I think makes this worst is three things:
This is a derby.
We are playing at home.
We have attacking creative players on the bench.

Not just that, but at around 35 minutes to me it was obvious what the next move was to do. Take of mcarthur and bring on Meyer. Yet this was only done IN THE 76TH MINUTE WHEN WE WERE ALREADY 2-1 DOWN. And then in an interview to say we had lots of the ball and was unfortunate not to make many goals. Well maybe if we had sako and Meyer on, we would’ve made goals! Not just that, but when we did have the ball, the passes were disgustingly bad from people like mcarthur and van aanholt. But I can’t really put that one on Roy.

Point being, I expected us to play to win a bit more by using the players we have, especially against our rivals. But hey, at least he picked Guaita 🙄


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire