Best days of my life

mardi 7 novembre 2017

This is a reply to a BBS birthday greetings I thought I would share.

Quote:

Thank you guys. And greetings from Australia. After 60 Years supporting Palace, including working on the turnstiles when still at school, my happiest memories are:

Running onto the pitch crying after that Burnley promotion game
Seeing Budgie Byrne; John Jackson; Vince Hillaire; Jim Cannon and other past immortals
Real Madrid at home
My grandad walking me to first match when I was about 5 (1953). Was that Div 4?
Since moving to Australia, seeing Palace captained by our own Mile Jedinak. Maybe he should still be there? And what about Glen Murray as back up for Benteke?
And most of all going to the recent FA Cup Final with my daughter. It was a long journey from Sydney, and I had to pay more than the airfare for tickets, but ... magic! Never have I seen such great supporters, and probably never again. Would have been good to win .. but still a day to remember. In fact, the best day of my life. How to I get to see that FA Cup Final on TV. Why is it not on CPFC website?

I'm retiring soon. Hope to spend a couple of months in UK every year, so I can die happy seeing Palace matches.Lol. But lets win a few first!

B M
Sydney, Australia


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire