Business Sale Legal Advice

mardi 23 mai 2017

Wondering if the combined might of the BBS can help me out with a bit of a legal advice regarding the sale of a business.

late last year I listed my business for sale with an agency, with the strict proviso that I must see the full details of potential purchasers before the company disclosed full financial details to them. They have not been very good at doing this, and one of the first things that happened is that some "investor" that they had on the books, visited my premises out of the blue when I was out of the office and discussed the sale of the business with my staff (not good!).

Since then they have been quite rubbish and the leads they put through are generally pretty poor, however they sent me a signed NDA a couple of weeks ago with a false address, and where the potential purchaser had to put position the put "seated" this shows their level of due diligence. They have given me seven details of purchasers that have enquired of my business over the last 8 months, but my seller dashboard on their website shows over 20 information packs have been sent out (i.e 13 without my consent)

I have requested this information, an explanation of the lack of due diligence and a full refund due to inadequate and poor service. However over the last two weeks they have refused to respond to me whatsoever.

My question is that I have no problem with suing them if necessary for a refund of fees paid due to poor service, but the fact that they have been sending details of my business financials to persons not authorised by me, means that it is very difficult to quantify any sort of loss for damage or compensation.

If anyone has any ideas it would be very helpful, thanks.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire