Direction of the club through the eyes of the fans

mardi 24 mai 2016

After 3 years in the premier league and pretty much establishing ourselves a premier league club, where next?

I appreciate for the chairman/Board etc it is all linked with profit and success, but what about from the fans?

You can see subtle divides in the fan base on here of people want from the club and where they want it to go. People drawing inspiration from Leicester and others cautiously looking over their shoulders at Aston Villa.

I think the transfer dealings this summer will suggest a lot about the ambition and drive of the club and whether the ‘core’ of the squad will be changing to a ‘Premier League’ side.

Personally I belong to the ‘South London and proud’ category, I want the success and glory for the club but I don’t want it with a team of Adebayor’s. I want the team to represent the soul of the club, Zaha, Puncheon, Williams, Speroni, Jedi, Delaney etc Those that have brought into the club or been brought up in the club, they know what it means to play for this team and they know what it means to us to pull on the shirt. Looking over at the United support in the final, I’d lose that final every time to have come away with what we achieved and with whom we achieved it with. I want Johnny Williams to make it, I’d rather he was in the squad being slightly less of a footballer than having Jordan Mutch in the squad, I’d rather Speroni was our number 1 this year instead of Hennessey this year, I’d rather we kept looking to get more and more youth players coming through than looking in the French leagues. I’d take being relegated with a team made up of honest Palace players than sitting in the top 6 with an unrecognisable starting 11. I think the club would lose its edge and its identity by evolving into a Stoke or Sunderland who have an unrecognisable starting 11.

I know for many we all want different things and success brings about different expectations, I hope the unity in the stands from the final continues long into the future, wherever the Palace journey will take us. :p


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire