Old Shares Certificate

mercredi 16 mars 2016

While looking for something else at my Mother-in-Law’s, as tends to happen, we found an old share Certificate from 1987 for 50 shares in an old Canadian Gold Mining Company.

After some reasonably extensive research I found the company has gone through two acquisitions and 2 name changes, but I have ended up with what appears to be a publicly traded company that can be traced back to the name on the share certificate.

This gold mining company has evolved into what appears to be some kind of electronic money transfer management company (probably headed up by Russ_UK!).

My question to the oracle that is the BBS, is a company obliged to honour a stock issued against one of its former incarnations? And if so… how the **** do I sell the damn thing.

I should add, that it would seem that from my best guess the value of these 50 shares might be around $550 at best, so I’m not going to be able to bid of a hostile Palace takeover bid just yet.

P.S. The website of this current company is non-existent, which is not a good sign.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire