Any Ford Transit/Mondeo experts out there?

jeudi 2 avril 2015

Engine stops after 5 mins of driving! I now pull over after 4:30 mins and wait for it to stop, between 5 and 6:30 it stops without fail. After a couple of mins it starts and will keep going all day even if stopping and starting. The fault will only reoccur if the van is not used for some time during the day i.e. cold start.



I had it put on a diagnostic box at a local van repair centre and it flagged up Crankshaft position sensor. Easy cheap fix so we replaced it but the fault is still there.



I have now had a Ford diagnostic done and it show 3 faults, but based on those faults the Ford mechanic didn't have a scobby do what was causing it.



Fault code

P0340 CMP circuit fault (camshaft sensor)

P1211Injector pump fuel metering control malfunction

P0251Injector pump fuel metering control malfunction



Not sure if any of this is relevant to the above fault but the other strange thing about this van is the dash digital clock loses about 10mins per week and when cold the fuel gauge takes ages to creep up to show the actual fuel in the tank.



I mentioned Mondeo because I believe my van has the same 2lt engine.



This is driving me crazy any help would be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire