Cliques in Cricket clubs

dimanche 20 juillet 2014

I posted the below in the cricket thread last week to gauge people's thoughts but it either got lost there or hit a nerve with the cricket folk:rolleyes: Anyway another unpleasant experience today leaving a child who has been selected for county trials not wanting to play the game again. I'm not sure whether it's just the club or whether cliques are rife at cricket clubs but would be interested in people's views so I can advise a child what to do.



Hope it's ok I post a subject here on cricket instead of starting a new thread? But has anyone had any experience with kids cricket and do they find the officiating as biased if not more than in kids football.



My eldest has been playing matches for 2 seasons now. This is officially their first season at U10s but last year him and his good mate were selected for the year up. I don't get too involved as I coach 2 of the football teams from the same club as the cricket, so really can't commit to help out any more. When I'm able to go I often get the snidey remark pointed in my direction about how more civilised cricket is than football to which I respond with a 'yeah'(roll eyes)



Anyway I've been shocked at how bad and biased (cheating) the umpires are at kids level. We were at a competition yesterday and had to win the last game by 10 runs to progress. They use barrington rules so you get -6 if you lose a wicket. Anyway there were 2 run outs not given one was which was clear as day light on the last ball which meant we would've won buy 10 runs. A caught and bowled given a no ball as waist height. It was thigh height and actually given by the wrong umpire. Kids crying at the end and very angry yet some pompous dad saying that's cricket boys and you accept the umpires decision, it's not football. I then catch a conversation with the umpire and opposition team at the end congratulating each other and the umpire acknowledging that their slim defeat would guarantee them through.



Also had an incident last month where my boy was told on the last ball by both umpires that his team was leading by one and just needed to avoid losing his wicket on the last ball for victory. He defended the ball and the team ran off celebrating only to be told that they got the scores wrong and they had in fact lost by 1. So did they do the gentleman thing and replay the ball.......of course not.



So I've been left with a bitter taste in my mouth from my experiences over the last year, specially as I keep being told what a civilised game it is. Has anyone else had experiences like this or is this a one off, or are our team and officials too bloody nice?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire