phone line challenge

samedi 26 juillet 2014

Hi,



Thought this section suited best as I need help from the wise and wonderful on the BBS please?



Background

I currently have fairly normal answerphone (Panasonic Phone KG-TG6524E) with DECT handsets. We also have a 'gate' phone attached. i.e. - sounds grander than it is but when they press a button the house phones ring and we can talk to them and let them in by selecting a key. Thisn is residential though, not business.



The model of the kit that connects the gate panel and the phones is the Videx ART380 N/UK. (as an aside, if we don't pick-up it then diverts to my mobile - which is quite cool).



I can dial the gate 'internally' from any phone handset too.



Problem

On occasion, when out, the call times out after I have answered it because either I or the caller get flustered/background noise etc. and we are cut off before we communicate fully.



So I would really like to be able to simply dial back into the gate remotely (as I already do internally). This happens enough for it to be worthwhile fixing.



So my question is how do I fix it so I can dial in externally and reach the gate, not the answering machine?



I think a small pabx (like) thing would probably handle it by monitoring the line and then diverting to the gate if it heard certain tones etc. or otherwise would pass to the answering machine. But I am guessing these are expensive and more to the point there may be a better way forward.



I did wonder if there was an answering phone that in itself offered a simply bypass function on touchtone but as I am 'making this stuff up now' I thought - aha ask the oracle known as the BBS.



So anyone know anything about good old fashioned telephony and this stuff that can nudge me in the right direction?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire