Woodwork

samedi 22 mars 2014

It may not have much to do with today's result but it's something I have been conscious of this season as each game has gone by.



How many points have we gained or dropped by either being lucky or unlucky with the post or crossbar coming to our rescue or Vise versa?



I'm going to need some help here but from my recollection it seems we have been pretty fortunate in this department.



Important moments where the woodwork has been struck are:



Hull City away - last minute, they rattled one against the post, saved us two points and secured our first away win



Sunderlamd last week - Borini hit the upright and saves us a point and more importantly stops them getting all 3



Everton at home, they hit the crossbar right at the end, we got a point and the first for about 7 matches!!



Off the top of my head these are the games I recall where the woodwork has saved us points. Theres also obviously been plenty of other games where the opposition have struck the woodwork but may not have changed the outcome of things with regards to points, these are:



Southampton home - lambert

Liverpool away

Norwich away (bannan also hit crossbar for us)

Tottenham away

Newcastle home & away

Swansea home?

Stoke away?



That's pretty much all I remember but it seems we've been fairly fortunate overall.



Games where we've hit the post or crossbar from what I recall are.



Arsenal home - ward

Newcastle away - bolasie

Norwich away - bannan

Villa away - bannan



There's probably quite a few I've missed for and against but I just feel that every week (or at least so it seems) I have my heart in my mouth as the opposition pepper our goal with chances and often hit the woodwork! Can't take much more of this now! Can just see our season being decided by goal line technology from a Darren Bent shot in the last minute at Craven Cottage! :eek:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire