Turntable/Deck advice

mercredi 21 mars 2018

Folks, I'm ok with sound kit generally because I'm in a band and own a PA. Anyway, a friend of mine wants to connect a pair of turntables to the amp and PA in order to run his own disco using his vinyl collection (northern soul by all accounts) and so I borrowed them to hook up because I thought it would be fine, but I found some odd things.

They are a pair of Kam DDX750's like these



Problems encountered
1. The phono (red/white) outputs have an earth connector, like this

I have no earth connector on my PA. There is a constant buzz because of this. Any idea what to do?

2. The volume isn't very loud even at full whack on the mixer. My amp is 1200W and the speakers are Peavey 250W (RMS) bastards for a rock band. Is the signal that puny?

3. The speed of the record seems weird. When I have a record player it would play the right speed throughout the album. This seems slow at the outside (beginning) and faster at the inside (end). There is a slider for speed +/-10% direct drive but I can't believe you'd need to slide this about constantly? Is it that these are Drum and Bass MC kit and I'm using them for 1970's soul music?

I think one thing missing is this device in the middle which seems to appear on a lot of the images, that might solve these problems.



Seems it's a "Kam KCM450 MKII Mixer". I imagine it's a way of managing the discs and blending the two tables seamlessly for the drugged-up wankers at the party. Does this resolve buzz and boost output?

Thanks for advice :p


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire