Forest's F1 experiences of the 1980's

dimanche 26 mars 2017

i thought I'd post this for any oldies like me , who have an interest in F1. A tad self-indulgent (and a bit dated), but may also spread a bit of humour.

I will update in further posts.

At the age of 18, my step-brother takes me to Brands Hatch in 1986 for the British GP. The cost was £16.
Watching the cars thunder round the track as break-neck speed was highly impressive during the practice sessions. Though the track seemed a bit narrow, with limited overtaking opportunities.

On the Sunday at about 5am, we arrived at Paddock Hill bend, but it was already packed. So we legged it round to Surtees bend and found a nice spot at the front.
My initial thoughts about the track were realised , when there was a massive pile-up on the first corner.

However, eventually Nigel Mansell ended up winning and this was the start of my romance with F1.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire