Discussion: 20 goal a season striker

samedi 1 août 2015

Can we put this to bed? I see this phrase mentioned all the time on here, as if we not only have a chance of signing a striker like this, but that it's also a necessary acquisition.

From what I can see, only 4 teams had players who scored 20 or more last season - Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. Dare I say, we are not as big a fish as these guys?

Of course we should always aim for the best, I'm not saying otherwise. But the expectation that is a possibility seems very naive to me. As does the idea that it's even really needed. Desired yes, but needed? Not for me.

Southampton had a fairly exceptional season last year with their top scorer - Pelle - only netting 12 league goals. Murray scored 7 in half a season.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire