iTunes scam advice

lundi 13 avril 2015

Hi BBS, the font of all knowledge. :)



I set up an iTunes account a week ago because we had a gift card that's been gathering dust to use.



Had to register a bank account when creating the account although I didn't really want to as I was only going to spend the credit.



I received an email purporting to be from Apple this morning telling me that some music had been downloaded at a cost of $6.99 from an IP address in Morocco and advising me to click on a link in order to change my password.



Obviously I didn't do that but I haven't checked yet whether any money has been removed from my account - will pop up the road shortly as I don't do online banking. Certainly my remaining credit balance hasn't been affected.



Can I assume though that the Apple site is not secure if I am getting emails like this which obviously know that I have an account with them linked to my email address?



Thanks.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire