FA Cup Final 1990 - 32 years ago today!

jeudi 12 mai 2022

Doesn't seem possible that it was 32 years ago today on 12th May 1990; I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were so close to what for a club like ours would have been something immortal... :sob:

A spooky thing for me was that around the start of the year - before we'd played Portsmouth in the 3rd round - I had a really vivid dream that I was watching Palace walk out at the FA Cup Final. That dream stayed with me, and when the day came, it turned out I was sitting in almost exactly the same spot at Wembley as I had been in that dream.

Still can't hear or sing Abide With Me without choking up. Shame the FA have even managed to **** that part of the day up along with most of the rest of it these days.

Obviously recorded it to watch afterwards, and still remember three things from John Motson:
1. Saying how we'd won the toss to wear our home kit and what a great kit it was;
2. "Just look at all the balloons...";
3. "Oh, what an impact by the substitute!"

God I loved that day, even with the heartbreak at the end.

Any other particular memories?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire