Burnley match - 43 years ago today

mercredi 11 mai 2022

As I regress more and more in these halcyon days into reminiscing about my youth, 11th May has always been embedded in my brain as the date of THAT Burnley game back in 1979 (43 years ago...).
Too young to go myself but my Dad went with my Grandad and brought back the programme - read from cover to cover over the years with all the stats neatly fitting inside the back cover (as there were only 12 players picked in those days of course).
What a night, what a moment in our history.
And for all those young Palace supporters who know only Premier League success, this was a major milestone on the roller coaster ride that supporting Palace is all about.
Respect the history while we enjoy the present.
Swindlehurst and Walsh - legends both - that is all.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire