Get your screening done

vendredi 10 décembre 2021

I was not sure whether to post this or not but have decided I will as hopefully it may help someone.

For a few months leading up to the Summer I had days when I felt very poorly and had to stay in bed for a day or two. I eventually got an appointment with a GP over the phone and then a month later face to face. The GP wanted me to have a colonoscopy but said it would be a year before I even got to see the consultant.

Then had to do a stool test a few weeks ago and then got an urgent message to call the doctors regarding my referral. I was not aware of a referral and had to wait a week for the GP to call me to let me know that the micro blood count in my stool was 89 where a normal should be under 10 but not to worry (yeah right).

I was then given an urgent cancer referral and two weeks later had another appointment (on the phone) with a bowel nurse last Thursday and they wanted me to have an urgent colonoscopy which I had on Tuesday and thank goodness I did.

They found two adenoma polyps which have been removed, these in themselves are not harmful but if not removed could turn to cancer. I watched them remove these on the screen no pain at all. I now need to see the consultant again but that may not be for a year as it’s no longer urgent.

Whilst the colonoscopy was not a pleasant experience it did not hurt at all and is really nothing to be scared or worried about. Prior to having this and getting my results I was completely cranky unable to concentrate on anything worrying about what it may be and what the consequences may be.

Speaking to the surgeon he told me that bowel cancer can be spotted very early on and be treated or like me adenoma polyps can be removed quickly and painlessly to prevent this even starting, this of course can only work as people take up the screening so I am urging anyone who has this offered to accept it.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire