Best place you've lived and why?

vendredi 29 octobre 2021

Well GG just gave me inspiration, with his use of a car. Inasmuch as I thought about the best place I've lived in my 6 decades of my life.

I wondered how people felt about this. Everyone is obviously different, it could be interesting to read the responses.

For me, well Forest Hill was my Childhood right up till 18 years or slightly more... Stony Stratford... Symptomatic of the white flight from London in the late 70's with the rest of the family... First Independent move back to the mecca of South Norwood albeit sharing with a elderly distant relative (Cousins father in law to be exact) ... walking distance to Selhurst, which was a massive bonus... Then Catford, then Peckham then migration.

If I had to pick out of those, I reckon Peckham was the most Vibrant, plus it was the first time I lived with a female and all that entails, loved living there. Now I'd say Coburg, Melbourne. as it has the best of all worlds... Vibrant, almost as multi-cultural as Peckham, plenty of public transport, trams, train and buses, parks, restaurants, bars, and the longest shopping strip in Australia.

Hated living in Milton Keynes, especially in the 70's as it was just one giant remote estate.... loved South Norwood and living within walking distance of Selhurst. Coburg pips the lot though.

Over to you.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire