Art - a discussion

vendredi 16 novembre 2018

So Hockney's painting makes a shed of money
To view the link you have to Register or Login

"A celebrated painting by British artist David Hockney has been sold at Christie's in New York for just over $90m (£70m) - an auction record for a work by a living artist." (BBC website)

I understand the concept of people 'investing' in art, to eventually realise a good profit.
But the concept of 'good' and 'bad' art has always evaded me. I had a discussion with an architect friend of mine, who stated that "Art was anything that is in a gallery". Jackson Pollock kind of spoiled the concept of art for me.
Hockney never really floated my boat. I saw his painting of a BMW, which just make me think it had been covered in graffiti.

May be I am too thick to "get it". I suggest people take a look in Tate Modern to maybe understand my thoughts a little better.

I can appreciate Roman art in sculptures and mosaics, and paintings of the renaissance.

Modern art just doesn't do it for me.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire