Double Glazing Question

jeudi 17 septembre 2015

Looking for advice on getting new windows fitted.

I am planning to have all my windows windows replaced in my flat. It is the top floor of an Edwardian building which is on a busy main road. There are five existing wooden sash windows which I would like replaced with similar looking windows which are double glazed. The intention is to cut down noise and draughts and I am hoping to improve the insulation.

I have received a quote from company who have been highly recommended to me by a colleague who had a very similar property. They also have very good reviews on checkatrade and trustedtraders. The quote seems reasonable and while I would normally get a selection of quotes I am perfectly happy with this one and can't be bothered with the hassle of pushy salesmen, so I am considering going ahead with them.

Trouble is I have no idea about this kind of thing. As mentioned I am perfectly happy with the standards of their work but what sort of questions should I be asking about the quality/standards of the materials?

They have quoted me for five large Georgian style double glazed UPVC sash windows (which apparently look like wood, though I will be going into their showroom to check I am happy with how this looks).

Here are a few specification details from their quote, most of which is mumbo jumbo to me ...

A rated argon gas filled units

Frames:

  • Steel reinforced to manufacture specification where required
  • External UPVC sills
  • 70mm profile system
  • Multi chambered PVC with welded joints
Frame Glass:
  • Insulated primary sealed units 28mm double glazed
  • 28mm double glazed sealed units (4mm:20mm:4mm) 36mm 44mm
  • 20mm gap filled with Argon gas and Swiss V Warm edge spacer
  • Highly efficient toughened safety glass whre required
  • A rated sealed glass units
  • Clear/obscured glass where required
Locking System
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
What other questions should I be asking when I go in to see them?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire