Dr Andrew Wakefield and the MMR debate

mardi 27 octobre 2020

Following on from my 'spat' on the Coronavirus thread with some well respected posters (ones who I actually like and still do) I thought it best to post this elsewhere, so as to not derail that thread.

I have no problem with anyone giving me abuse on here, particularly as I understand why they would feel strongly about the credibility of Dr Andrew Wakefield given that he was struck off because of his work and then heavily demonised.

I do not expect any one of those who have expressed their views so strongly to be interested to listening to this one hour long podcast with Wakefield circa 2012 but for those who are open will hopefully hear that Wakefield is far from being the demon he is portrayed as but someone driven by his belief in his, and others, research.

I make no comment on whether he is right or not, but I do feel his demonisation has been a PR exercise and the reasons for that he mentions. There is no doubt he is presenting a biased view and that is perhaps understandable, but that should not be ignored when listening to this.

For anyone who has an interest should listen to it. For me what angered me at the time is what he discusses from 31:00 re the option of multi vaccinations being made available to concerned parents. It still angers me.

To view the link you have to Register or Login


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire