End-of-season question

jeudi 17 avril 2014

I've followed Crystal Palace for 40 years from 'across the pond.' But, not having anyone to discuss the EPL with on a regular basis has kept me from understanding the way certain things work. For example, as we in the USA don't have an equivalent to the player "loan" process, I still am not sure how that is evaluated and compensated. I also have an incomplete understanding of the term "transfer fee." Here, if a player is under contract with Team A, he moves to another team normally by two processes... Team A and Team B trade players (with any imbalance made up by other players, adding "players to be named later" or a nominal cash transaction) or a player waits until their contract expires and markets themselves through "free agency". Is a "transfer fee" simply the purchasing of a player contract? Are the previous terms kept intact? Can the player negate the transfer?



But, as we approach the end of the season, I have another question. I'm wondering if there is any incentive for Palace to not rest certain players to avoid injury, etc., once mathematical safety from regulation is achieved. For example, we get to game 38 against Fulham... a game we have every expectation of having a positive result... but if we don't need the points, do we sit the big names? Again, in the USA, late-season games usually feature a lot of new names when the outcomes won't affect reaching post-season playoffs (we, of course, don't have a relegation-promotion process in any sports leagues here). This is true for teams on both sides of the post-season qualifying... the ones who are in the playoffs perhaps even more than the ones who are out.



Any explanations of any of these things is appreciated, as I hope to become a more-informed fan.



This has been a great ride this year. I've only been to Selhurst once, in 1996 (we won 6-1 over South End), and I SO want to come back.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire